E. Texans gather to remember victim of fatal FFA crash | News
QUITMAN, TX (KLTV)-
East Texans gathered at a candlelight vigil to remember a deadly car crash involving Quitman FFA students.
The crash happened a year ago near Canton as students and a teacher were on their way to a FFA event in San Antonio.
Fifteen-year-old Skylar Carpenter was killed in the crash. Carpenter was a sophomore at Quitman high school
A viewer sent in a picture in from Friday night's candle light vigil. Students and teachers gathered at Quitman high school in front of "Skylar's Rock" in her memory.
Last year, six students were injured in the crash.
Authorities say the driver over-corrected when a tire left the roadway, and lost control of her SUV.
We're told faith has carried the community through this tragedy.
- Quitman FFA students involved in fatal accident
- Troopers say two Quitman students were not wearing seatbelts
- Quitman ISD mourns the loss of their friend, student
- Prayer gathering for Quitman High accident victims
- Quitman remembers student with candlelight vigil
- Condolences for Skylar Carpenter and Quitman FFA students
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.