Fire destroys Mineola family's home | News
MINEOLA, TX (KLTV) - A morning fire has destroyed a Mineola family's home.
The fire broke out in the 800 block of Wren Street around10:00 am, Tuesday. The Mineola Fire Department was called to the scene after the homeowner returned home from walking the family pet to find the house on fire.
Firefighters and the homeowner believe that the fire was sparked by a curtain falling on a candle that the homeowner left burning in the bathroom while on his walk.
No one was injured in the fire. Although the outside of the mobile home is still standing, the inside is a complete loss.
The family has lived in the home for 12 years. They do have homeowners insurance.
Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault