East Texas man sentenced to life in prison for aggravated sexual assault of a child | News
WOOD COUNTY, TX (KLTV)- On Monday, a Wood County judge sentenced an East Texas man to life in prison after the man plead guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child.
According to Wood County District Attorney Jim Wheeler, Robert Karl Nunley, 47, of Gilmer, pleaded guilty on April 16 to the charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child and indecency with a child, waiving a jury trial as well as his right to appeal.
Monday, Judge G. Timothy Boswell, judge of the 402nd Judicial District County of Wood County, sentenced Nunley to life in prison for the aggravated sexual assault charge, as well as a 20 year sentence for the indecency with a child charge.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault