Texas Tabletop: Chocolate-chip pumpkin cookies | Home & Garden
By Kelly Bogard
Pumpkins, pumpkins, PUMPKINS! They are everywhere, and I don’t know about you, but I love them all–every shape, size and color. The return of pumpkins means fall is here and that the holiday season is inching closer.
I’ve never really thought about it before, but do you know what hard work goes into harvesting those pumpkins? Just as in all other farming activities, time and care must be taken every step of the way before harvest. Then, when the harvest arrives, there is more hard work. Did you know that pumpkins are harvested by hand? Me either, but now that I do, I think they are even cooler.
You might have seen in a previous post that I am not a big fan of pumpkin guts. I just don’t like them. It must be a texture thing. So I thought this week I would show you an easy pumpkin recipe where you don’t have to get your hands all slimy. Plus, it is super kid friendly and one of Butters’ favorite cookies.
For Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, you will need…
1 box spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin puree
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Butters loves spending time in the kitchen, and I love teaching her new things. She is finally old enough that I feel a bit more comfortable with her being around the oven and cookies are always a great way to start. Another interesting thing about these cookies is there are no raw ingredients, so cookie dough taste testing is encouraged with this recipe.
First things, first. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While you are waiting for that to heat up, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin until all lumps are gone.
Next, stir in the mini chocolate chips. Wait, did I mention how quick this recipe is?
Finally, scoop the cookies onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Before removing them from the heat, you can check to see if they are done throughout using the tooth pick test. Then remove to a cooling rack and they are ready to go.
See, I told you they were quick and easy. Oh, and delicious. I am totally in love with these cookies and know you will be, too. If you have anyone with special diet needs, such as an egg allergy, these are great. I hope you take a few minutes to make cookies this weekend and I really hope you make these. Have a great pumpkin season and from all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault