Video: How to make your own liquid laundry soap | Arts & Culture
From the YouTube Channel of CandidMommy.com:
Regarding the laundry soap recipe adapted from the Duggars family recipe: Here are a few things I wanted to mention:
I have not used this on my cloth diapers. I actually use and love Tide Original Liquid for them (and since I only use about 1.5 teaspoons per load it's not bad)
This is a bit varied from their recipe. The recipe I show is cut in half and not diluted. The reason I cut it in half is because storing much more is just not realistic for my family of 4. My reasoning for not further diluting it is that same... I just don't see the point- I just use half the amount in my washer. On that note you will need to see how much you need in your own personal washer. I know that this works well for both top and front loading machines. I can say that this specific recipe I show here in my front loader does best with about 1/5 cup.
I prefer the look & size of the mason jars but many people prefer using old laundry soap containers.
***I normally just pour the hot liquid into the mason jars and DO NOT let is sit overnight in the bucket. This way I do not have to blend/mix it/etc. It does thicken back up a bit in the jars as time goes on (it lasts at least 6 months- I am sure longer but we use it up before then) but it's nothing that a fork can't fix!
Ne sure you use WASHING SODA- NOT Baking Soda! Most all of these items are available in the laundry isles of your local stores. Sometimes you may have to try a few stores but it's out there!
As far as the essential oils go it's just for scent/fun (-;
Here is where I originally found their recipe: http://duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2011/...
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TxDOT crews haul hundreds of tons of salt from ETX to help thaw DFW
- After months of controversy, Edgewood City Council takes action
- At least one person dead after motorcycle crash in Van Zandt County
- Video: Does aging equal giving up style, creativity?
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? Nov. 8-10
- East Texas freshman serves as principal for a day
- City of Lindale to Host Two Christmas Events in December for Community Participation
- Fire destroys family home, but family Bible survives the flames
- Heirloom family Bible safely retrieved from burned Smith Co. home
- Top 10 reasons I'm thankful to be part of a farming family